Autumn

Helsinki, 20 degrees



Source
Source
Source
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.

This weekend has consisted of all kind of weather conditions: Helsinki has been sunny, cloudy, rainy and sunny again! But I guess it's only normal since we're going towards autumn. Yesterday I released the inner child in myself and put on all my water resistent clothing and went out to jump in puddles. Autumn feels like a cosy season, maybe even the cosiest of them all. I love fresh air, sweaters, scarves, rain boots, colorful leaves, cups of tea, you name it. Autumn, I embrace you with open arms!

Some time ago I spent a perfect day with some friends that I thought I would share with you. One of my friends study and works in Turku, a city two hours away from Helsinki, so when she arrived, we greeted her at the Central Railway Station in Helsinki with sign made especially in her honor.


After having dinner together, we ended up in India. Yeah, you read correctly. One of the bars, called Bhangra Bar, in my neighborhood has an Indian theme, and it actually feels like stepping into India when you're at that bar (no offense to all my Indian readers, I haven't actually been to India, so this is merely how I imagine India). The temperature is always perfect in this bar, and just look at the size of the cocktails! Incredible India!


How do you feel about autumn approaching?

What's your opinion?

  1. Hi Elisabeth! I love Autumn, the changing colours, the lovely and more bearable weather, its just lovely. Aw looks like you and your friends have had such a fun reunion with great new memories, my friends also live far from me and I look forward to getting together. In that type of design, things are very modern at the moment, all white dinner sets, square plates, cups and bowls. Also La Creuset is popular here in all their pretty colours. I've seen felt cut-out table mats, lots of damask print and now pastels. We don't use traditional wood utensils, that is actually more for tourists, there are special flea markets where you can buy handicrafts like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love autumn, as all the seasons! I enjoy having four of them! Oh it sounds so interesting, the all white dinner sets and square plates, cups and bowls, maybe you could make a blog post about them sometimes? I don't even know La Creuset!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! I agree, I am looking so forwrd to autumn. I love the falling leaves, and brisk days! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we didn't have a proper summer, so I'm not too happy about autumn approaching.. but I love scented candles, autumn sun (great time for photography!) and the fact I'll have a small holiday in October. btw, those autumn inspiration shots are really good!
    now, when it comes to visiting Helsinki then I would love to visit more often but usually it happens like once a year. especially because I live so far away from Tallinn and it's pretty annoying to drive there. what about you and visiting Estonia?

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, neither did we actually, but still I'm happy that I can recognize autumn now :) I visit Estonia about once a year usually but now it has been two years since my last visit...I should definately go this fall.

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  4. Ihania inspiraatiokuvia. :) Syksyssä on kyllä positiiviset puolensa, esimerkiksi tykkään sateesta ja se ei haittaa työmatkoillakaan (kävellen) kun kumpparit ja sateenvarjot on keksitty ^^ Myrskyistä en niin välitä. Mutta näinä viileinä kuukausina on lämmin kaakao, kirjojen lukeminen ja muu "käpertyminen" kovin ihanaa! Ei kesällä ole oikein tehnyt niin mieli ^^

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos rakas Satu! Mä ostin juuri uudet kumisaappaat ja sadetakin joten mikään ei pysäytä minua :D Tykkään myrskyistä kunhan ei ukkosta!

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof