Birds of a feather flock together.

Helsinki, -5 degrees

Everyone tries to find their place in this world, but no one really has a certain place. At least until one dies. Then suddenly it's becomes a necessity to find the right place to bury a beloved one. Today I could finally be sure that my father had found inner peace since his casket was lowered in the ground at the graveyard. It comforts me to know that I now again have a place where I can visit him. My sister read a beautiful poem today at the graveyard that said that one shouldn't cry at a person's grave since that is not really the place where you find someone that has passed away. According to the poem, one finds a lost beloved one in the wind that passes us by, in the rays of light that warm us, and in the song of birds.

Source

What's your opinion?

  1. I believe every step in life is another journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. Thank you for your kind words!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. I'm glad things are getting better and better and you have found peace when it comes to all that sorrow. and I'm sure your father is watching over you to make sure you are doing fine :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! <3 Thank you for your support Maiken!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  3. I also recently lost someone close to me, I know each day it does get slightly easier and I hope for you it is too. This poem is beautiful!
    http://beautythatsbritish.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan, I really appreciate your supporting words :) Somehow it's comforting to know that somebody else has gone through something similar...

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof