Restaurant Day in August

Helsinki, 20 degrees



When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.

A bee is never as busy as it seems; it's just that it can't buzz any slower. That sure is true when it comes to me. This week has again turned out to be crazy busy. I've been working, studying, visiting a family member who had her appendix removed, running errands - it's just been a chaos! How do you deal with haste? Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the weekend! My way to deal with hurrying is to wear grey. Some time ago we enjoyed the Restaurant Day here in Helsinki, where this wonderful one-day-carnival was invented. I finally got to wear my new grey leather jacket as grey is my protective color.

According to KMB Designs, people who like grey tend to be neutral about life. They like to protect themselves from the hectic world in a blanket of non-commitment preferring a secure, safe, balanced existence. They work hard and pursuit happiness. Lately this chic color has been visible on catwalks and in street wear. Have you noticed it around? It's usually combined with shades of white or black.

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

For the Restaurant Day, I combined it with a white tee from H&M, white jeans from H&M, grey ankle boots with golden ankles (drifted find), second hand silver jewellery and a grey embellished envelope clutch bag. I especially loved the eagle statement necklace that I managed to find on the Finnish Huuto.net (similar to Ebay).


And this is how the Restaurant Day looked! I went with my sister and ate Persian food at shoe shop Exito, and dessert in one of Helsinki's loveliest parks, the park called Vanha kirkkopuisto (Ruttopuisto). Restaurant Day for those of you who don't know about it yet is a worldwide food carnival when anyone can set up a restaurant, café or a bar for a day. It can happen anywhere: at your home, at the office, on a street corner, in your garden or inner courtyard, at a park, or on the beach – only your imagination is the limit. Restaurant Day happens worldwide four times a year.

Those who follow me on Instagram might have seen these photos already. Please follow me on Instagram to get to see more behind the scenes kind of photos! You can see my profile in the right sidebar of this blog.


How do you feel about grey clothing? Do you have a personal protective color?

What's your opinion?

  1. Hi dear, Restaurant Day sounds like a fabulous experience, I wish we had something similar here. Love the idea of a coloured leather jacket, and grey is an excellent choice. Love your chic and polished styling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always be the first one to start it Sam! :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. I like the jacket, grey is my fav colour and the last photo is very lovely!

    Greeting ♥

    http://voyagevoyagelamonde.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always seem to be very busy - but it's great that you do so many wonderful things! I really love a classic grey coat. Yours looks great!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, I have a lot on my plate, hehe.

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  4. Love your new greay Leather Jacket <3

    Happy Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I don't have a protective colour but after going through your photos I thought about colour grey and I quite like it! plus, right now I'm wearing my fiance's grey hoodie, hehe. anyway, your new jacket looks great and that necklace is something I also wanted. I have seen something similar in Cubus and Lindex but haven't bought it for myself since I actually own quite many necklaces anyway. with very good price though.. I think I would slip and still get it for myself :P gosh and don't even tell about busy times! today I even got scared because of everything that is ahead of me. all the hard work. and now I got myself another job for some months which means two jobs. quite scary but at the same time impossible is nothing, right? :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you like grey as well Maiken! :) And my eagle necklace, I like it a lot! What kind of work will you be doing on the side of your regular work?

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  6. The grey colour is always a good choice!!!!! Love your jacket
    S t y l e a n d P a p e r

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've never used grey that much but I'm starting to like it a lot!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  7. Hi sweetie!
    Love very and always buy something each season! You look amazing and I Love your inspirations get your look is as beautiful as any of the others! You have very good taste!
    Kiss and wishes of a great week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look!!
    Love your jacket

    Kisses

    http://themarscloset.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof