Northern oddity, pure beauty & wildwood vagabonds

Helsinki, 9 degrees


As I mentioned in my last post, last week I had the chance to spend one night in Finnish fashion brand Ivana Helsinki's Kallio home. Many of you readers guessed what we were up to during our night in the apartment, but here comes the answer! We first enjoyed a picnic in the middle of the living room, then we had a "dress-up party" when we tried on different dresses and accessories and showed the outfits to each other. We ended the evening with watching the movie "Bridges of Madison County", from which the clothing collection had got its inspiration. I love that movie, don't you? In the morning we also enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in the Kallio home before heading to work. If you missed my last blog post, read about the competition here.

Kuten mainitsin jo edellisessä blogikirjoituksessani, viime viikolla minulla oli mahdollisuus viettää yksi yö Ivana Helsingin stailaamassa asunnossa Helsingin Kalliossa. Monet teistä lukijoista lähettittekin minulle ehdotuksia siitä, mitä mahdoimme tehdä illan/yön aikana, ja tässä tulee vastaus! Nautimme ensin piknikistä asunnon olohuoneessa ja sitten pidimme stailausjuhlan kavereiden kanssa, jolloin kokeilimme eri asukokonaisuuksia ja asusteita ja näytimme niitä toisillemme. Illan päätteksi katsoimme "Hiljaiset sillat" -elokuvan, joka on toiminut inspiraation lähteenä Ivana Helsingin uudelle mallistolle. Rakastan tuota elokuvaa, entäs te? Aamulla nautimme sitten vielä ihanasta aamupalasta Kallio-kodissa ennen kun suuntasimme töihin. Jos missasitte edellisen blogikirjoitukseni, voitte lukea Kallio-koti kilpailusta täältä.

Overall, this was a unique experience! Like I mentioned in my earlier blog post, I have never lived in the so called hipster neighborhood of Kallio, but I can definitely understand why people like to live here. Services (cool shops, cafés and restaurants) and the city center are close by, and there's a nice hip atmosphere in the neighborhood. So cool to get to sleep on a loft - that's an experience I'll remember! Ivana Helsinki's clothes and accessories always fascinate me by the label's ability to combine Slavic rough melancholy and pure Scandinavian moods in its stunning designs!

Kokonaisuudessaan kokemus oli huikea ja varsin ainutlaatuinen! Kuten olen maininnut aikaisemmin, en ole koskaan asunut Kalliossa, mutta ymmärrän nyt paremmin mikä kaupunginosassa niin monia viehättää. Palvelut (mielenkiintoiset kahvilat, kaupat ja ravintolat) ja keskusta ovat lähellä, ja alueella on omanlaatuinen tunnelma. Mielestäni oli hauskaa nukkua parvella - se oli kokemus jota en unohda koskaan! Ivana Helsingin vaatteeissa ja asusteissa minua on aina viehättänyt se seikka, että merkki osaa yhdistää slaavilaisvaikutteita muuten pohjoismaalaiseen tyyliin!


Would you sleep for one night in an apartment styled by a fashion label?

Haluaisitko itse kokeilla samaa - majoittua yhdeksi yöksi vaatemerkin stailaamassa asunnossa?


What's your opinion?

  1. you'll look like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. well of course I would! :D seeing all those photos only proves the fact how cool it would be. really, what a joy for photography lovers too. I myself would probably go crazy with my camera there. you got to try so many amazing looks! yeah, I think I just can't describe well enough what I actually mean but at the same time - you were there and you probably get what I mean ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. bello quest'abitino rosso :)
    se non dovessimo sentirci prima ti auguro Buona Pasqua
    tr3ndygirl fashion blog
    kiss

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof