Office makeover: LifeSaver

Helsinki, 25 degrees


I come to the office each morning and stay for long hours doing what has to be done to the best of my ability. And when you've done the best you can, you can't do any better.

Commercial collaboration: Saintex / Kaupallinen yhteistyö: Saintex

Considering the amount of time we all spend at our desks, this year I've really focused on making my desk a place where thoughts actually can flow and where I feel I can be creative. As our office moved last year, only this year it has started to feel like the open-office space that fits 11 people is intimate enough to decorate and improve. A well-designed and clutter-free space does wonders for my concentration and effectiveness! So I teamed up with Saintex to do an office makeover. In this blog post, I'll show you how easy it was with the right products!

Koska olen ruvennut ajattelemaan miten paljon aikaa vietän työpaikalla, olen tänä vuonna halunnut parantaa työpisteeni viihtyvyyttä ja toimeliaisuutta. Toimistomme muutti viime vuonna, ja vasta tänä vuonna tuntuu siltä että avokonttorimaisema, jossa istuu 11 henkilöä on tarpeeksi intiimi, jotta voisin sisustaa omaa työpistettäni ja tehdä siitä toimivamman. Hyvin suunniteltu ja roskaton työpiste tekee ihmeitä keskittymiskyvylle ja tehokkuudelle! Näin ollen, olen yhteistyössä Saintexin kanssa tehnyt muodonmuutoksen työpisteelleni. Tässä blogikirjoituksessa näytän miten helposti työpisteestä saa kauniin tyylikkäillä käyttöesineillä. 

Finnish family business company Saintex is the oldest high-frequency welded plastic product producer in Finland. The company started its business already in 1948 and the factory operates nowadays in Helsinki, on the east side of the city center. Saintex designs and produces design soft reflectors and many kinds of office and home decor products for organizing needs. Saintex's latest product line is called LifeSaver, and that is exactly what it is! The products are based on Saintex's well-known products like writing pads, telephone memos, and folders that are now updated for today’s needs. Fresh designs are the icing on the cake.

Saintex Oy on kotimainen, vuonna 1948 perustettu perheyritys ja Suomen vanhin muovin suurjaksosaumaamo Itä-Helsingin Kurkimäessä. Tehtaassa ideoidaan ja valmistetaan pehmo- ja jousiheijastimia, designheijastimia sekä erilaisia ratkaisuja moniin työpaikan ja kodin organisointiin kuin muihin arkipäiväntarpeisiinkin. 2015 julkaistiin kokonaan uusi tuoteperhe kodin ja konttorin tuotteille, joita myydään mm. Saintexin omassa verkkokaupassa. Uuden tuoteperheen suunnittelussa on haluttu hyödyntää jo olemassa olevia, Saintexin vuosikymmeniä valmistamia toimivia tuotteita, jotka nyt on hiottu vastaamaan tämän päivän kuluttajien tarpeita. Tuotteiden ulkonäköön on kiinnitetty erityistä huomiota ja kuosien suunnittelu on tehty yhteistyössä ammattilaisten kanssa.

Out of Saintex's Lifesaver product line, one collection inspired me: the Villi Pohjola collection. The Villi Pohjola collection (lit. The Wild Northland) is inspired by days spent in a summer house in the Finnish archipelago. The closeness of the sea and small dreamy seaside towns influenced the hand-drawn print by Turku-based Saana & Olli.

Saintexin Lifesaver -tuoteperheestä yksi kuosio puhutteli minua yli muiden: Villi Pohjola. Turkulaiset suunnittelijat Saana ja Olli osaavat kertoa kuosista enemmän: "Villi pohjola -kuosin inspiraationa toimi pienten rantakaupunkien unenomainen ja aavemainen arki. Käsin piirrettyyn kuosiin halusimme tiivistää hiljaisuutta ja öiden tunnelmaa. Nimessä halusimme kunnioittaa myös 90-luvun Villi pohjola -tv-sarjaa, jonka tunnelma teki meihin väkevän vaikutuksen jo lapsuudessamme.” 

I decided that from now on, there will as good as only be three items on my work desk: Saintex's product line Lifesaver's folder, magazine holder, and pocket folder.

Itse päätin, että tästä lähtien työpöydälläni on käytännöllisesti katsoen vain kolme esinettä: Lifesaverin Villi Pohjola -kodinkansio, -lehtikotelo ja kansio.


Source

How have you organized your work space? What are the key items on it that you can't live without?

Miten sinä olet järjestellyt työpisteesi? Mitkä ovat avainesineet, joita tarvitset jokapäiväisessä työssäsi?



What's your opinion?

  1. This is very inspirational! I love it! In fact I have to organize an office and I am always postponing it, but your post has inspired me very much! I loved the colors and the products, this is a moment of office-envy!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you like it :) I love the pattern myself!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. wow, if only all the offices had cool goodies like those! I really like the collection you've chosen and I can totally imagine and understand how patterns and colours can give us inspiration and energy. my desk is definitely not so cool but maybe I will still share it at some point. oh and thank you for visiting my blog, Elisabeth. I'm always happy to see you there :)

    Maiken - Part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, I appreciate that! I'm happy that you also like the collection :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your kind words Tijana!

    xxx
    E

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof