2015 wrap-up 1/2

Helsinki, 0 degrees

Source

For last year's words belong to last year's language, and next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.

Even though we have had merely 0 degrees earlier this week, Helsinki will celebrate New Year's Eve with about -5 degrees. As some of you readers wished for it, I thought it might be nice to recap my year with some highlights as new readers might learn something new about me, and for me it's gives the chance to get some closure to the year 2015.

Vaikka meillä on ollut nolla astetta alkuviikosta, uusivuosi vietetään noin viiden asteen pakkasessa. Koska jotkut lukijoista sitä toivoivat, ajattelin kirjoittaa blogikirjoituksen vuoden 2015 kohokohdista.


So here it goes, a recap of what has happened to me during the year 2015:

Tässä vuoden 2015 päätapahtumat kootusti:

January / Tammikuu 

I spent last NYE in 20's style, if you missed it - see it here. I cooked some symbols of the sun, blinis that is. See the delicious photos here. Local light festival Lux Helsinki brightened up the darkest period of the year, see the light here. Concerning style, I found the perfect winter jacket that luckily still fits me even though I'm expecting. See it here. I explored the color of the year: marsala, and the hair trends of the year. See them here. Concerning work, I had the honor and pleasure to host 47 international bloggers in Helsinki during the Nordic Bloggers' Experience. Read all about it here and here.

Tammikuussa näytin miten juhlin uuttavuotta 20-luvun tyyliin. Kokkasin blinejä, ja kävin suosikkitalvitapahtumassa Lux Helsingissä. Löysin täydellisen talvitakin ja tutustuin vuoden väriin - marsalaan. Tutustuin myös vuoden hiustrendeihin. Työn puolella sain kunnian emännöidä 47 kansainvälistä bloggajaa Helsingissä Nordic Bloggers' Experience -blogimatkan aikana. 


February / Helmikuu

In February, I found the watch of my dreams. I went on two wonderful Nordic business trips: one to Copenhagen, Denmark and one to Oslo, Norway. Concerning style, I was inspired by the Oscars and asymmetrical skirts.

Helmikuussa löysin unelmieni rannekellon. Pääsin kahdelle työmatkalle: Kööpenhaminaan ja Oslooseen. Tyylillisesti minua inspiroivat Oscar -gaala ja epäsymmetriset hameet


March / Maaliskuu 

In March, I turned 29 - for the last time twenty-something. Concerning style & interior, I was inspired by my ceramic dress rack, Ellen Claesson and jewelry. I had the pleasure of going on two business trips: one to Berlin, Germany and another to Amsterdam, the Netherlands. As always, I was inspired by Easter. I introduced the first inspirational quote of the week to my blog.

Maaliskuussa täytin 29, ja kolmenkympin kriisi lähti liikkeelle. Tyylillisesti ja sisustusmielessä minua inspiroivat nuppinaulakko, Ellen Claesson ja korut. Pääsin kahdelle työmatkalle myös tässä kuussa, tällä kertaa Berliiniin, Saksaan ja Amsterdamiin, Hollantiin. Kuten aikaisemminkin, inspiroiduin pääsiäisestä. Esittelin ensimmäiset kuvitukset blogin puolella.


April / Huhtikuu

In April, I was widely inspired by my new leather wing detail bag & mint / pastel green. I introduced my Nordic playlist. At work, I had already in March the honor to host an international blog trip that concentrated on the street food festival Streat Helsinki that I presented in April.

Huhtikuussa inspiroiduin nahkalaukustani ja mintun väristä. Esittelin pohjoismaalaisen soittolistan, ja kerroin maaliskuisesta Streat Helsinki -teemaisesta blogimatkasta, jonka sain emännöidä.


May / Toukokuu

Festive first of May kick-started the month! Concerning style, I was inspired by belted scarves jewelry. I introduced a Mother's Day playlist. I also fell in love with a new perfume. I dressed in pink for the Hanami - blossom viewing party. I enjoyed the Restaurant Day, and was excited about the Eurovision Song Contest.  

Vappu aloitti juhlakauden, joka jatkus äitienpäivä-soittolistalla! Tyylillisesti innostuin printtihuivi+vyö-trendistä ja koruista. Tykästyin uuteen hajuveteen. Pukeuduin pinkkiin Hanami -juhlaa varten. Nautin Ravintolapäivästä ja seurasin ilolla Euroviisuja


June / Kesäkuu

The parties continued in June, when I received an honorary award for my master thesis project & celebrated midsummer! I enjoyed summer sailing, and style & interior wise I was inspired by low buns, hair updos, bag in bags and minimalistic Nordic posters. I also went to see a local impressive environmental installation.

Juhlat jatkuivat kesäkuussa kun sain kunniamaininnan maisterilopputyöstäni ja juhlin juhannusta! Nautin purjehduksesta, ja tyylillisesti & sisustusmielessä innostuin nutturoista, bag in bag -laukunjärjestelijöistä ja minimalistisista julisteista. Pääsin myös näkemään vaikuttavaa tilataideteosta.


How many of my blog posts did you read during year 2015?

Montako blogikirjoitustani luit vuoden 2015 aikana?


What's your opinion?

@elisabeth.rundlof