5 + 2 x essential maternity clothing

Helsinki, 15 degrees


Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom. 

Many have been wondering what I've been wearing during my pregnancy so I thought I would write a blog post about my essential pregnancy clothing pieces. I must say, that even though I didn't realize it before, I actually have quite many pieces in my wardrobe that are suitable also as maternity wear. This, because they are loose fit. However, in this post, I'll showcase the pieces that I've added to my wardrobe during the last eight months. With pregnancy-friendly features, such as soft ruching, adjustable fastenings and flexible waistbands, these pieces are a perfect fusion of fashion, comfort and a flawless fit.

Monet ovat kysyneet minulta mitä äitiysvaatteita olen raskauden aikana ostanut, ja sen takia ajattelin kirjoittaa blogikirjoituksen äitiysvaatteista. Aluksi, minun on pakko mainita, että vaikka en sitä ajatellut ennen raskausaikaa, niin monet vaatekaappini vaatteista ovat soveltuneet loistavasti myös äitiysvaatteina väljyytensä takia. Tässä kirjoituksessa esittelen kuitenkin uudet raskausajan hankintani. Näissä raskausystävällisissä vaatteissa yhdistyvät muoti, mukvauus ja istuvuus.

Marimekko Isabella dress / Marimekko Isabella -mekko

This timeless dress is not actually a maternity dress, but thanks to its loose fit, I've been able to wear it throughout my pregnancy. It's actually a part of Finnish design company Marimekko's spring collection, so a true collector item! It's been my to-go-to dress when I've wanted to look representative & elegant during my pregnancy. I love its concealed zipper at back seam & sideseam pockets!

Tämä ajaton mekko ei oikeastaan edes ole äitiysmekko, mutta väljyytensä takia olen pystynyt sitä käyttämään koko raskausajan. Se kuuluu Marimekon kevätmallistoon, joten kyse on laatumekosta joka kestää aikaa ja käyttöä. Se on ollut luottomekkoni kun olen halunnut olla edustava raskauteni aikana. Rakastan mekon taskuja!

Source

How I wore it 



Asos Maternity Knitted Midi Dress In Farrah Stripe / Asoksen raidallinen äitiysneulemekko

In this Asos maternity dress, style is combined with comfort. A similar dress was mentioned on Fashionista's spring 2016 editor's shopping list because the colored stripes look great together and knit dresses like these are really easy to dress up & down.  

Tässä Asoksen äitiysmekossa, tyyli yhdistyy mukavuuteen. Samantyyppinen mekko mainittiin myös Fashionistan päätoimittajan kevättoivelistalla koska värikkäät raidat näyttävät niin hyviltä ja neulemekot ovat helppoja stailata.

Source

How I wore it



Asos Maternity Nursing Shift Dress With Wrap Over / Asoksen äitiys- ja imetysmekko

This Asos dress is a true find because it combines two things: it's a maternity dress, but it's designed to function also as a nursing dress! How convenient isn't that? As pink (rose quartz) is one of my favorite colors, I knew immediately that this dress was meant for me.

Tämä Asoksen monikäyttöinen mekko on todellinen löytö: se yhdistää äitiys- ja imetysmekon ominaisuudet! Näin ollen tämä on ollut yksi käytetyimmistä raskausajan mekoistani. Koska vaaleanpunainen (ruusunkvartsi) on yksi suosikkiväreistäni, tiesin heti nähtyäni mekon, että se oli tarkoitettu minulle.

Source

How I wore it
 



Asos Maternity Knitted Dress In Stripe Chevron Crochet / Asoksen virkattu chevron -äitiysneulemekko

This Asos dress spoke to me because it reminded me of Italian Missoni's zig zag patterns. I love the fact that it comes with a half-slip. I wore the dress with a belt & felt hat.

Tämä Asoksen mekko toi minulle mieleen italialaisen Missonin siksakkikuvioinnin, josta pidän kovasti. Pidin myös siitä, että mekon mukana tuli musta alusmekko. Itse käytin mekon kanssa vyötä & huopahattua. 
 
Source

How I wore it

 


H&M Maternity (mama) super skinny jeans / H&M:n äitiyshousut (äitiysfarkut)

Every mom-to-be needs at least one pair of maternity jeans. I found my perfect pair at H&M. 

Jokainen tuleva äiti tarvitsee ainakin yhdet äitiysfarkut. Omani löysin H&M:stä.

Source


How I wore them


 
+ H&M mama maternity hotpants & breastfeeding bra / H&M mama äitiyshotpantsit & imetysrintaliivit

Source

What do you think is essential maternity clothing? Why?

Mitkä ovat mielestäsi tärkeimmät raskausajan äitiysvaatteet? Miksi?

 

What's your opinion?

  1. Great tips, I have to share this with a friend who is pregnant. I remember how difficult it was to find nice clothes at the time, especially since my pregnancies were 20 and 12 years ago when shopping online wasn't the norm. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suvi for your kind words! I can't imagine how tricky it was back then to find nice maternity clothes!

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof