Trend alert: Slip dress

Helsinki, 21 degrees

Source

I spread my wings. And my dress does the rest.

Already for some time now, I've been thrilled over the slip dress trend. Inspired by style icons like the ones here above and beneath, I've been looking for just the right lace dress. When I came across the black slip dress that you saw in the previous blog post, I knew I had found the right one for this summer season. I love how  it can be combined to so many things: t-shirts, sweaters, sneakers, sandals, leather jackets, blazers and collar shirts! Underwear as outerwear - it sure is the key buy & little black dress of the season!

Jo jonkin aikaa olen ollut innoissani kuin ilmapallo silkki-pitsimekkovaatetrendistä, jota kutsutaan myös silkkipyjamaksi. Nähtyäni yllä- ja allaolevat esimerkit, tiesin että halusin tehdä oman versioni siitä. Kun löysin mustan silkki-pitsimekon, joka näkyi edellisessä blogikirjoituksessani, kesäinen asukokonaisuus oli täydellinen! Mielestäni mekko on ihana koska sitä voi yhdistää niin monen vaatekappaleen ja asusteen kanssa: esimerkkinä t-paita, neulepusero, lenkkarit, sandaalit, nahkatakki, bleiseri ja kauluspaita!
Source
Source

What do you think about this trend? Would you wear a slip dress? How?

Mitä mieltä olet tästä trendistä? Käyttäisitkö itse silkki-pitsimekkoa? Miten?


What's your opinion?

  1. Well, I like slip dresses, but I have always worn them with a T-shirt underneath, like some pictures here. I prefer it that way, I like to "cover" myself :) I feel more "confident" :) I saw your sweet baby girl on facebook, congratulations to the family, so lovely! Back from blog maintenance! Hope you are fine!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try that look as well! Thank you for your kind wishes concerning my baby girl :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. as I said under your watch post - your dress looked really great on you. and what's very important - it looked like a dress, not like underwear. but when I look at most of those photos in this post it just seems to me like girls have woken up and gone straight to the streets with their wrinkled nightgowns. well, not all but still most of them. maybe I'm too far from fashion but I honestly think it's not beautiful and looks wrong and tousled. haven't seen anyone walking around like that yet so I guess Estonians are not too crazy about it :)

    Maiken - Part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Maiken :) I like the relazed and feminine look, but I know it divides people..

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof