Nordic interior essential: the house shelf

Helsinki, -1 degree
 

The house shelters day-dreaming, the house protects the dreamer, the house allows one to dream in peace.

Commercial collaboration: Kiddow / Kaupallinen yhteistyö: Kiddow

For a long time now, I've been looking for the perfect house shelf for our home because I've seen this type of shelf in many Nordic interior magazines, and on Pinterest, and I instantly thought that one would perfectly fit into our home. In a way, a house shelf is a statement that in my mind says: I feel good at my home, this is my little nest and house. A true sign of Nordic hygge or coziness you might say.

Olen jo pitkään etsinyt täydellistä talohyllyä kotiimme, koska olen törmännyt tämän tyyppisiin hyllyihin sisustuslehdissä ja Pinterestissä, ja mielestäni hyllymalli sopisi hyvin meille. Mielestäni talohylly on kannanotto, joka kertoo, että joku viihtyy kodissaan, ja, että pitää kotiaan rakkaana talonomaisena pesänä. Siis 100% hyggeä, jos minulta kysytään.

Source
Source
Source

I found it natural to place it in my baby girl's nursery as right now, we're spending an increasing amount of time in that specific room. I was thrilled when I heard that Finnish clothing & interior brand Kiddow wanted to partner up with me on the blog because their grey house shelf is just lovely! From the outside, it looks like concrete and its inner surface looks like marble. I also love its inner text message "Hello beautiful", as that is exactly what I want to say to my girl every day.

Kun lähdin etsimään sopivaa talohyllyä juuri meille, ajattelin heti, että sijoittaisin sen tyttövauvani huoneeseen. Näin koska tällä hetkellä vietämme eniten aikaa lastenhuoneessa. Olin innoissani kun kuulin, että kotimainen vaate- ja sisustusyritys nimeltään Kiddow halusi tehdä kanssani blogiyhteistyötä talohyllyn tiimoilta. Kiddown harmaa talohylly on nimittäin mielestäni juuri sellainen, joka sopii meille. Ulkopuolelta hyllyllä on betonimainen pinta, kun taas sen sisäpuoli muistuttaa marmoripintaa. Pidän hyllyn positiivisesta viestistä "Hello beautiful", koska juuri nämä sanat haluan joka päivä toistaa tyttärelleni.

Kiddow was founded in 2014 when one of the founders was blessed with a baby boy. Suddenly, the world of children's clothing & interior became familiar and more interesting, and the rest is history.

Kiddow sai alkunsa vuonna 2014, kun yksi yrityksen perustajista sai itse pienen pojan. Yhtäkkiä lastenvaate- ja sisustusmaailma tuli tutuksi ja alkoi kiinnostamaan yhä enemmän. 

As I've mentioned before, in this earlier blog post, creating the perfect nursery is kind of a never-ending story as I seem to always stumble upon things that I would like to add to it - just to make it perfect. Right now, my baby girl's nursery has a play tent as its centerpiece because she's sleeping next to us in our bedroom so her crib is there. We are also still waiting for her new play rug, so right now we like to cozy up in this tent, where I can read stories and rhymes for her and we can listen to music in. Once the rug has arrived and she's sleeping in her own room, I think the tent will move to our balcony. In the summertime, it will be nice to play in a tent there. It might appear in her room also from time to time.

Kuten olen aikaisemmin maininnut, tässä aikaisemmassa blogikirjoituksessa, niin täydellisen lastenhuoneen kokoaminen on hauskaa puuhaa koska törmään jatkuvasti ihaniin tavaroihin, joita haluan huoneeseen lisätä. Juuri tällä hetkellä tyttöni huoneen keskipiste on leikkiteltta. Näin, koska hän nukkuu vielä meidän vieressä, eli pinnasänky on meidän makuuhuoneessa. Odotamme myös uutta leikkimattoa, joten tällä hetkellä leikimme päivisin tytön kanssa viihtyisässä leikkiteltassa. Siellä on hauskaa lukea hänelle kirjoja ja lausua riimejä. Kuuntelemme myös musiikkia teltassa. Kun uusi leikkimatto saapuu ja hän alkaa nukkumaan omassa huoneessaan, niin teltta siirtynee parvekkeelle. Voin vain kuvitella miten mukavaa on siellä olla kesällä. Ja voi se palatakin aina silloin tällöin hänen huoneeseen.


Have you seen house shelves like this before? What do you think about them? Yay or nay?

Oletko törmännyt vastaaviin talohyllyihin? Mitä mieltä olet niistä? Hyvä vai huono?

 

What's your opinion?

  1. I feel like I've seen something like that but then again I'm not completely sure about it. anyway, I do like it, especially this photo with the green plants, that's so my cup of tea! I even love it so much that maybe I will ask my husband to make me my own :) thanks for sharing the inspiration, your little girl's room looks lovely!

    Maiken - Part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you also like the house shelf :) How cool if your husband makes one for you, I would love to see that! Thank you for your kind feedback!

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof