The it colors of fall 2017: red & green

Helsinki, 20 degrees

Source

Red", I write "is the color of life. It's blood, passion, rage. It's after birth. Beginnings and violent end. Red is the color of love. Beating hearts and hungry lips. Roses, Valentines, cherries. Red is the color of shame. Crimson cheeks and spilled blood. Broken hearts, opened veins. A burning desire to return to white.

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago on Instagram, I've already started putting together my fall wardrobe. Why? Well, I have only one week left of summer holiday and then I'm heading back to work. It's exciting after a maternity leave of about 15 months.

Kuten mainitsin pari viikkoa sitten Instagramin puolella, niin olen jo alkanut suunnittelemaan syysvaatekaappiani sisältöä. Miksi? No, koska minulla on jäljellä enää viikon verran kesälomaa, jonka jälkeen palaan töihin 15 kuukauden äitiyslomatauon jälkeen.

I've been wondering why I've fallen so hard for the upcoming fall's "it colors", red & green that is, but one day it hit me. Combined with my absolute favorite color of clothing, white, they are the colors of the tricolor Italian flag! Now it all makes sense! So this fall, I'm wrapping myself up in the Italian flag! Forza Italia!

Olen kovasti miettinyt miksi olen niin ihastunut tämän tulevan syyskauden "it -väreihin", eli punaiseen ja vihreään väriin, mutta yhtenä päivänä tajusin syyn. Kun värejä yhdistää suosikkivaateväriini, eli valkoiseen - niistä saa Italian lipun! Asia on täysin selvä! Eli tänä syksynä pukeudun Italian lipun väreihin! Forza Italia!

I'll write another blog post about my jewelry purchases for the upcoming fall season, but in this post I've focused on creating a kind of wishlist collage out of clothing and other accessories (mainly bags, scarves and shoes). I've found my fall wardrobe treasures at Finnish Nanso, Marimekko, and Lumi, as well as Swedish H&M and Cos. In addition, some pieces were found at Spanish Zara and British Asos.

Tulen tekemään oman blogikirjoituksen koruhankinnoistani syksyä varten, mutta tässä blogikirjoituksessa halusin keskittyä toivekollaasien tekoon. Kollaaseissa on enimmäkseen vaatteita ja muita asusteita (laukkuja, huiveja ja kenkiä). Itse olen löytänyt parhaat syysaarteeni Nansolta, Marimekolta ja Lumilta, sekä H&M:ltä ja Cosilta. Pari helmeä löytyi myös Zaran ja Asosin verkkokaupoista.


How do you feel about the colors red & green? Are they some of your favorites, or do you consider them to be too strong?

Miten suhtaudut punaiseen ja/tai vihreään väriin? Kuuluvatko suosikkeihisi, vai ovatko liian voimakkaita makuusi?

 

What's your opinion?

  1. I could see people saying they are too strong, except during christmas time. I don't really care if things are too vibrant myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that you like vibrant colors as well :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. That is lovely - red is my favorite color and I also looove green! So I am very glad that they will be the It colors soon, the shops ill be full of nice pieces with them! Hope you are having a great week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so nice to hear :) I agree, finally we can get our hands on more red & green pieces!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  3. I don't think they're too strong when one combines them cleverly. red and green are both beautiful and I think I have some pieces in those colours waiting in my wardrobe. it's another question if I can wear them right now haha. I remember green used to be my favourite colour when studying in university by the way :)
    ps. thank you for your lovely feedback ♥ I also left you a little reply under my last post.

    Maiken - Part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I have to try to be clever then come this fall ;)

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof