Summer 2017 must-have: the light blue ruffle dress

Helsinki, 18 degrees

Photo: Photo: Hanna Hurtta

Deep down you long to have your perfect feathers ruffled.


I mentioned in the beginning of this month that June would be an endless party for me because my dear baby girl's first birthday was this month! I'll explain the planning & execution of her seaside-theme birthday party in more detail in upcoming blog posts, but in this post I wanted to share some of the family photos we took for her birthday in my childhood district of Helsinki, Munkkiniemi that is. The lovely & talented Hanna Hurtta took these breathtaking photos. During the photo session, I wore the summer 2017 must-have: the light blue ruffle dress that I found thanks to the local blog Char and the city from Danish Vila (it's the cashmere blue Vipaira dress). I wore the same dress during the actual birthday parties at our home (yes, we had actually two: one for relatives and one for friends). I love how the dress is super comfortable but still feminine, and takes my thoughts to the sea.

Kuten mainitsin tämän kuukauden alussa, niin kesäkuu on ollut minulle yhtä juhlaa koska rakas tyttövauvani täytti tässä kuussa vuoden! Kerron yksityiskohtaisemmin hänen meriteemallisten syntymäpäiväjuhlien suunnittelusta ja toteutuksesta tulevissa blogikirjoituksissa, mutta ajattelin tässä kirjoituksessa jakaa joitakin perhekuvia, joita otimme hänen syntymäpäivän kunniaksi lapsuuskaupunginosassani, eli Munkassa (Helsingin Munkkiniemessä). Ihana & taitava Hanna Hurtta otti nämä kauniit kuvat. Kuvissa päälläni on tämän kesän must-have: vaaleansininen röyhelömekko, jonka löysin kiitos Char and the city -blogin tanskalaiselta Vilalta (kyse on Vipaira -mekosta, ja väristä nimeltään cashmere blue). Käytin samaa mekkoa myös itse syntymäpäiväjuhlissa meidän kotona (kyllä, juhlia oli peräti kaksi: yksi sukulaisille ja toinen ystäville). Pidän kovasti tästä mekosta koska se on sekä kauniin naisellinen että mukava päällä. Minulle se tuo myös mieleen meren, ja sopi sen takia juhlien teemaan.

Photo: Hanna Hurtta

How often do you take photos with a professional photographer? What do you think is the most important thing to remember in such occasions: what makes the best official photos?

Miten usein käyt ammattivalokuvauksessa? Mikä mielestäsi on valokuvaustilanteissa tärkeintä: mikä tekee virallisesta kuvasta hyvän?


 

What's your opinion?

  1. Wow! These pictures are so amazing! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are very happy with them as well :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. we had our wedding photoshoot, then the valentine's day photoshoot and then E's parents' photoshoot. and I have baby belly photoshoot planned for the end of August when my maternity leave starts. it will be the first time we'll have a photographer who's not E's sister so it's quite exciting! your family photos are beautiful by the way, full of joy! can't wait to take ours with the little one and Elvis together, hehe. oh and I love the dress, it 100% reminds me of the ruffled blouse I bought from Bosnia & Herzegovina.

    Maiken - Part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how lovely that you have a baby belly photoshoot planned! When is your baby due?

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof